DPA d:vote 4099P Clip Mic for Piano 2 pieces
The DPA d:vote 4099P Stereo Mic Kit is a super-cardioid clip on double bass microphone representing a revolutionary concept in instrument microphones. Part of DPA's d:vote family of instrument microphones, everything about the 4099P stereo kit has been designed to give you the most natural piano sound possible.
They also perform very well in studio situations, their innovative magnetic mounts allowing you to find the ideal position for the mics on any piano.
The d:vote™ 4099P Piano Stereo Microphone Kit is the result of DPA’s extensive research and development into creating the ultimate clip on microphone for live piano performance and recordings. The d:vote 4099 contains a highly directional capsule designed for use stage and orchestral settings where other instruments and monitoring may be in close proximity. The pick up pattern of the capsule ensures maximum isolation of the piano, with low self-noise and high gain before feedback.
The d:vote 4099P stereo kit contains two 4099 mics that produce a very natural sound, both on and off axis, so that even in the unlikely event of spill, there are no unnatural harsh frequencies to deal with.
The ingenious magnetic mounting system is designed to securely attach the gooseneck mics inside the piano by way of a rubber coated magnetic clamps – very simple to fit and reposition.
The 4099P mics for piano come with DPA microdot to XLR adapters which require 48v phantom power.
- Directional pattern: Supercardioid
- Directional pattern: Up to 90%
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Frequency range, ±2 dB, 20 cm (7.9 in): 80 Hz – 15 kHz with 2 dB soft boost at 10-12 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB at 1 kHz: 6 mV/Pa; -44 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: Typ. 23 dB(A) re. 20 μPa (max. 26 dB(A))
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): Typ. 71 dB(A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): < 1% up to 123 dB SPL peak
- Dynamic range: Typ. 100 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 142 dB
- Output impedance: From MicroDot: 30 – 40 Ω. From DAD4099/DAD6001-BC: 100 Ω
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft) with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Output balance principle: Signal balanced with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Common mode rejection ratio (CMRR): > 60 dB from 50 Hz to 15 kHz with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Power supply (for full performance): Min. 5 V to max. 50 V through DPA adapter for wireless systems
- Current consumption: Typ. 1.5 mA (microphone). 3.5 mA with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Connector: MicroDot
- Color: Black
- Weight: 46 g (1.62 oz)
- Microphone diameter: 5.4 mm (0.21 in)
- Microphone length: 45 mm (1.8 in)
- Cable length: 1.8 m (5.9 ft)
- Cable diameter: 1.6 mm (0.06 in) / 2.2 mm (0.09 in)
- Polarity: +V at MicroDot pin for positive sound pressure (and pin 2 on DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR adapter)
- Temperature range: -40°C to 45°C (-40°F to 113°F)
- Gooseneck length: 140 mm (5.5 in)