The NTG5 sets a new standard for the range. With a groundbreaking acoustic port design, ultra-lightweight construction, and crystal clear, broadcast-grade sound, the NTG5 is a revolution in shotgun microphone design – the perfect location recording mic.
The NTG5 is the next step in the range’s evolution – the culmination of RØDE’s 28 years of research and development of high-quality microphones for broadcast and film applications.
Key Features of the NTG5
- Revolutionary acoustic design, delivering a natural, uncoloured sound.
- Extremely lightweight (just 76g), short shotgun microphone (just 203mm), making it far easier to handle on set than other shotgun mics, especially when used on a boom pole.
- Tailored frequency response and very low self-noise of just 10dbA, making it ideal for location recording, professional filmmaking, and other critical recording situations.
- Highly directional supercardioid polar pattern and smooth off-axis response.
- RF-bias technology and conformal coating ensure superior performance in adverse weather conditions.
- Comes in a complete location recording kit with windshield, pistol grip and other accessories – the NTG5 is ready to take into the field right out of the box.
Revolutionary Acoustic Design
The first thing you will notice about the NTG5 is the striking new body. The design has been completely overhauled, with circular acoustic ports replacing the linear slots found in other shotgun mics.
The result is a shotgun mic with unmatched acoustic transparency, and a natural, uncoloured sound that will sound superb in a wide variety of applications. The annular line tube technology intrinsic to the NTG5’s design sets it apart from all other microphones in its category, and will see this microphone take its place as a future industry standard.
A Boom Operator's Dream
The NTG5 features a short, super lightweight aluminium body (just 76g!), making it one of the most compact professional shotgun mics on the market – a dream for boom operators who find themselves on long, demanding shoots, or filmmakers and sound recordists looking for a more portable and lightweight rig that delivers broadcast-grade audio.
The Perfect Location Recording Mic
Boasting a tightly controlled frequency response and very low self-noise, the NTG5 sounds spectacular in a wide variety of applications, particularly location recording and demanding filmmaking scenarios where superlative audio is imperative. No excuses.
RF-bias technology and conformal coating ensure the NTG5 is reliable in adverse environments. It is designed to be taken everywhere, with excellent resistance to wet conditions, high humidity, severe cold, and dust. The NTG5 comes in a complete location recording kit, featuring the new WS10 windshield, redesigned pistol grip, and other accessories – it’s ready to be taken into the field right out of the box.
The NTG5’s highly directional supercardioid polar pattern and smooth off-axis response deliver superb audio whether used on a boom pole, pistol grip, or on-camera. It is ideal for capturing dialogue and other detailed sound sources in any environment and will out-perform high-end shotgun microphones that cost several times more. The perfect location recording mic.
- 1 x NTG5 Microphone
- 1 x PG2-R Grip
- 1 x WS10 Windshield
- 1 x ZP1 Small Pouch Bag
- 1 x RM5 Microphone Clip
- 1 x PG2-R Pro Cable
- 1 x Foam Windshield